Do you have a suggestion? Let me know!
- An Encyclopedia of Claims, Frauds, and Hoaxes of the Occult and Supernatural
The James Randi Educational Foundation
- Critical thinking suppressed in brains of people who believe in the supernatural
The opposition between religious beliefs and scientific evidence can be explained by difference in brain structures and cognitive activity. Scientists have found critical thinking is suppressed in the brains of people who believe in the supernatural.
- Evolution – RationalWiki
Evolution refers to change in a biological population’s inherited traits from generation to generation. All species on Earth originated by the mechanism of evolution, through descent from common ancestors.
- Fossil Specimens – Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
Explore our human fossil collection, including photographs and 3D rotatable scans of hundreds of fossils from different species of early humans.
- How Do We Know the Earth Is 4.6 Billion Years Old?
The Earth is very old. But how old, exactly? And how can we know with any degree of confidence?
- Human Origins
Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History – Our web site is dedicated to bringing you the excitement, latest findings, and profound implications of the scientific exploration of human origins.
- Is This Your Brain On God?
Scientists from universities like Harvard, Pennsylvania and Johns Hopkins are using new technologies to analyze the brains of people who claim they have touched the spiritual.
- National Center for Science Education
NCSE defends the integrity of science education against ideological interference.
- Scientists explain evolution of some of the largest dinosaurs
Scientists have developed computer models of the bodies of sauropod dinosaurs to examine the evolution of their body shape.
- Study Concludes Intercessory Prayer Doesn’t Work; Christians Twist the Results
This idea has been tested repeatedly — usually, the studies have flaws. And even when the results show that the intercessory prayer has no effect on anyone, those who believe in it will look at the hits and ignore (or rationalize) the misses.
- Tests of Big Bang Cosmology – NASA
The Big Bang Model is supported by a number of important observations, each of which are described in more detail on this site.
- The Beginning of Time
Professor Stephen Hawking – In this lecture, I would like to discuss whether time itself has a beginning, and whether it will have an end.
- The Committee for Skeptical Inquiry
The mission of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry is to promote scientific inquiry, critical investigation, and the use of reason in examining controversial and extraordinary claims.
- The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Are the Stupid Too Stupid to Realize They’re Stupid?
In self-assessment of IQ, below-average people overestimated their score and those above average underestimated.
- The Skeptical Studies Curriculum Resource Center
The Skeptical Studies Curriculum Resource Center is a comprehensive, free repository of resources for teaching students how to think skeptically.
- The TalkOrigins Archive
The primary reason for this archive’s existence is to provide mainstream scientific responses to the many frequently asked questions.
- Why we pretend to know things, explained by a cognitive scientist
New research explains why we pretend to know more than we do.
Choose another Category