With rivers still days from cresting this catastrophic hurricane will require all of us to do what we can to help our fellow Americans. Here is a collection of links to help you donate and provide help to the victims of hurricane Harvey.
- AirBNBProvide urgent accommodations through AirBNB or find a place to stay. All service fees are waived for those affected by the disaster and checking in between August 23, 2017 and September 01, 2017.
- America Red Cross
- GoFundMe’s Hurricane Harvey Relief page.
- United Way of Houston
- Coalition For The Homeless
- Save the Children
- Heart to Heart International
- Texas Diaper BankTexas Diaper Bank is putting together disaster relief kits for families with young children.
- United Airlines Hurricane Harvey relief efforts Has set up a Crowdrise page where people can donate to a variety of different organizations.
- The Greater Houston Community FoundationMayor Sylvester Turner has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund that will accept tax-deductible flood relief donations for victims that have been affected by the recent floods.
- PortlightOffering relief to the disabled and older adults
- Feeding TexasNetwork of the state’s food banks who need donations
- Rockport-Fulton Chamber of CommerceRaising funds to assist in recovery efforts in those two communities, which were especially hard hit when the hurricane first made landfall.
- Global GivingHas launched a hurricane relief fund aimed at gathering funds for local nonprofits in the storm-stricken region.
Don’t Forget About the Pets
“We are encouraging the public to NOT donate tangible items. From our past experience with Hurricane Katrina, the immediate need for animal disaster assistance is monetary donations. This allows affected shelters to purchase the items they need without having to sort through and store thousands of donated items,” the SPCA said in a press release.
- SPCA of Texas
- Houston SPCA
- The Humane Society of North Texas
- Austin Pets Alive! Help with animal evacuations, fostering lost animals, or donate money.
- Volunteer to help the SPCA of Texas and the Houston SPCA
- The Animal Defense League of Texas, The North Texas Humane Society, and Austin Pets Alive! are all actively looking for people to take animals in.
If you have any links to add please leave them in the comments!